Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last week

Last week was busy for us. Taylor's car broke down on Tuesday, so that's always fun. We had one of Taylor's professors and her husband over for dinner on Wednesday. we made our famous sweet pork and I made these beautiful cupcakes from the book Hello, Cupcake!On Thursday we headed down to Lehi early. When we arrived we went outback at my parent's house to find that their tree had one huge branch breaking, and it was leaning on their fence and swing. Worst of all it was pulling on their telephone wire and threatening to pull down a large power pole. Their wonderful neighbor came over with a chainsaw and it was mostly resolved by the time my dad made it home from work early.


I helped Taylor's sister Whitney clean out her old house and move into her fun, huge new house (we're so excited for them, and so excited to use their ample storage space. My pageant dresses may have a new home!). Then we went to the horse parade and Lehi rodeo on Thursday. We caught up with Brittany Tait, a brand-new Lehite, at the parade (Brittany--did we not take a picture of Kyle and Gracie together?). My kids got to hang out with their cousins, Gavin and Whitney who are respectively 4 months older than each of mine. They had a great time, and we continue to wish we lived closer to them (they don't hit and neither do my kids, so it's a good, rare match).

On Friday my dad and Taylor drove up to Logan to get the car towed to Transwest in Ogdent where it put on a truck to Transwest in Lehi (it's a salvage car, and that the place we got it. We figured they'd be best and cheapest it fix it). The kids and I stayed with Mom. We went to visit Grandma-Great and hung out at her house for a bit. We walked back to my parent's house and my mom and Claire went to get some Arby's. Grandma and I hung out with Kyle in the backyard. He was playing in my parent's waterfall/river. He thought it was fun to lay in it (fully clothed) and even more fun to dip the top of his head in the side. Funny little man. Grandma and I were very entertained.

As soon as they got back we went to the miniature parade and after dinner we left for the Cameron (Taylor's mom's side) Family Reunion in Alton, Utah. We arrived around midnight. Kyle decided he slept enough in the car, so it was fun night. We spent Saturday at Bryce Canyon and watching the kids in a kiddie pool. That night was also not great with Kyle (apparently it is too fun to sleep in the same room with everyone. He kept calling out all of our names, just wanting to play.)

We went to the Alton ward on Sunday. I must say it was the most delightful Sacrament meeting I have ever attended. The Bishop was such a cute good old boy, and everyone there was just so small town good, we started wondering whether we should have accepted the job in the similarly small town of Loa. Really, we're still wondering about it. Everyone was just so happy and cute and welcoming. There must be so much good in small towns as they are so cut off from worldly thing. And although I did cry for a couple months after moving to this little small town we're in now, I have to wonder how I'd do in a real small town away from everything. It was charming--but maybe only from the outside.
Oh, and Saturday night we laughed our heads off over and over to this movie. Click it, it's the funniest thing I've seen in years. Really. The stars there were more beautiful than I have ever seen, and the moon just hung on the horizon forever. It was gorgeous.

We drove to Lehi Sunday night arriving again near midnight. Taylor had to be to work in Ogden (Yeah, Work!) early Monday morning, so he took one of my parent's cars, and we hung out for a bit. For dinner we went up the canyon with Jake, Britt, and Bailey. We met Taylor in Salt Lake and finally made it home by 9pm. It was a long, fun weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Howdy Ho and we too are finally home from Southern Utah. After EIGHT, yes EIGHT years of 3 wonderful children going to Dixie we have finally made our last trip home in the VAN yes, THE VAN with a huge load of their belongings. SUZY IS OFFICIALLY NO LONGER A RESIDENT OF ST. GEORGE UTAH. YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA. And I must say I am not one bit sad about it............. Jac, we had a wonderful celebration with you all. Heres to many more. Now we just need to get Dan and Meg home safely from Minneapolis next month and then we will really party!!!!!! Love you all good night and to-da-lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Jac! Thanks for all the pictures. I LOVED my time with all of you and I love all of you very much. Oh, and so happy for Nana Suz and the last van trip from St George. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete