Sunday, June 7, 2009

Interesting Church Today

Church was interesting today. Two members of our bishopric were out sick, so Taylor was on the stand as EQ Pres. This has happened once before. He looks good up there.

So I was a lone woman. I respect anyone who has more than one kid and goes to church without a partner. First the Sacrament was coming around. Kyle always needs to partake. I tried to help him drink from the little plastic cup. He wanted to do it on his own. I whispered to the man holding the tray, "This can only end badly." Sure enough Kyle managed to suction the cup to his tongue. It was hilarious---his whole tongue was stuck inside. He choked a little, but I managed to remove the sucker pretty quick. On the plus side he didn't spill.

Next the meeting was almost over and Claire started to unbutton my shirt. I reprimanded her. It's a policy of mine not to undress in public, especially in church. She pulled at my shirt and got a glance down my top. "Mom! Your boobies have a cheeser!" She yelled it. It was heard at least three rows up and back. Awesome. We (perhaps irresponsibly) taught her how her underwear causes a wedgie/cheeser/whatever-you-call-it, and she has used the language frequently in the last few weeks. I never imagined it would show up in church in reference to my cleavage and garments. I know a lot of people went home with a good story today.

Best of all was when the police man showed up in Primary. Our president is out on maternity leave, the 1st councilor wasn't there, and the other councilor was doing sharing time. Although I am Secretary and last in charge, I was summoned to speak with the officer. Apparently a child called 911 twice and officers rushed to the church. I had to check every class. It was funny but odd. I knew the entire time whom the culprits were, and that everything was fine, but had to check anyway. I was also conducting, so during the closing excersises it was my responsiblity to remind the children that the church phone was not for children, and especially not for children who are prank-calling 911. A teacher volunteered that she saw two certain boys playing with the phone. One adamently denies it; no news on the other. I know they did it. I could have told you without a witness to confirm it.

That was interesting. Probably not as interesting as when someone had a heart attack and was unconscious during Taylor's home ward's sacrament meeting. The paramedics came. Probably the primary secretary didn't have to deal with that.

3 comments:

  1. That was so funny . . . thanks for the laughs to start off my Monday morning (when both kids decided to wake up at 6:30AM, so I can most definitely use the laughs!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's quite the church adventure. Weston gets wedgies a lot and it's so funny, but I do hope it doesn't come up at church. :) Bummer about having to deal with the cops. Congrats on winning the photography contest. That's exciting! Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. So sorry I missed Claire's outburst! That would have been funny...

    2. I'm glad to find out what was up with the cop car outside!

    3. We had a guy die of a heart attack in Sacrament meeting (well, just before) while in San Diego. Weird.

    ReplyDelete