Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, America! (And Whitney)

I'm a patriot. I love America. If you know me, you know this. Here is a little lovely number that expresses how I feel:



This is the last number I played on the stage of Miss Utah. Ironically when I searched for it on YouTube the first one that showed up was in Dr. Hatch's studio (my teacher at the time), and then I noticed that the two girls on the far piano are the girls who learned it to play with me. How about that? I played the part that the boy nearest the camera is playing. It brought back fun memories to see the studio, Dr. Hatch in the front row, and my two friends from class. One day I'll get the video of me playing. I'll have to learn how to do that someday.

And it's Whitney's birthday lest we forget. Happy birthday, Whitney!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I have chills. What a piece...and to think that you played that!! Amazing.

    So...yeah...no picture of Kyle and Gracie...what were we thinking?! We'll blame it on the wind which was picking up as we were getting ready to leave...They are going to need some pictures together for their wedding video...Geeesh! :)

    ReplyDelete