Saturday, May 2, 2009

Little Miracle

So I went to have my surgery on Friday. Sometime during last week I sent Taylor a text saying something like, "My stitch fell out and my eye looks totally better. It's a MIRACLE!" Then later I sent one saying, "Actually I bet it's just how it was before the surgery. Well, on the way to the doctor's office I took my valium-like pill, so I'm not too sure I'll be quoting exactly, but they had me all lying down on the table and were scrubbing up and everything when the doctor asked, "Where's that stitch?" It had been clearly lying in the outer corner of my eye which was just hanging open with a huge gap between my eye/prosthetic and eyelid. Now the stitch was gone and so was the gap. The thing is, that stitch had to be surgically removed. That's why we were having surgery to fix it. I never noticed it falling out or anything. One moment it was just gone. He had me get up and look under a magnifier. He still couldn't see it. He removed my prosthetic where he could clearly see the inner-structure of my lids. He said that it had remarkably healed with in half a milimeter of where he had placed it. He kept saying, "It's just so unusual!" Because the last time he saw me there it looked so bad.

Anyway, we know how it happened. Lots of prayers, temple attendance, and blessings. They didn't do surgery, and we've spent the weekend hanging with family and Taylor has been able to touch up his thesis guilt-free. He is still bugged by my upper lid which isn't behaving. He said he's heard of an injectible drug which can help, but he's going to have to find it (on the internet!?!). So, thanks for all of the well-wishes. It was a great (no) surgery day :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a miraculous no-surgery day! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! No surgery! That is so great. Definitely an answer to prayer. Hopefully Taylor can find the drug that he is looking for too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that makes me so happy for you. You guys deserve some GOOD news in the eye department.

    ReplyDelete