Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good and Bad and Great

So I got shots in my eyelid tuesday. It was a solution meant to eat away at the Juvederm which never smoothed out like it should have and just sat like a little bump across the crease of my eyelid. The solution was supposed to take 2-3 days to work. It took like 20 hours. By the time I woke up yesterday all of the the Juvederm was gone. Happy day! My eye opens again (the roll on the crease pushed down on the lid---claire kept asking why I was closing one eye). The shots were immensely painful. Horribly painful. I cried. But it only hurt for about 8 hours, and my eye is back to normal. It's still hollow-er around the top, but I'm okay with that. Dr. Engen says he can fill it, just with a lot less of the stuff. I don't know about that. It hurt a lot.

And the bad news. Kyle is sick again. Well, I hope he's teething, but either way his nose is a running hose. I think he got it when I tended my friend's kid. I'm all up to help out, but please don't bring your sick kids (or sick parents) to my house. Ever. For any reason. I'll pay you the same respect. Now i'm on wipe patrol and just waiting for Claire to catch it. Because of this I had to miss Relief Society last night. I was not thrilled. I was really looking forward to going. We were going to sit around and exchange advice on mothering and stuff. I need to learn all I can.

Lastly, while we wait for Taylor to be employable (his thesis has to go through one more person until it's officially done) he's taken up yard work to make a few extra dollars. I just have to say what a wonderful provider he is. He's taken a number of jobs that I would never have the will, guts, or drive to do, all in the name of getting by. Beyond the yard work he's worked as a waiter at Ruby Tuesday, he worked one-on-one with juvenile delinquents, and worked for years selling shoes at ZCMI/Macy's/Meier & Frank. I'm happy for him that pretty soon he'll be able to go to work and actually do what he's been working towards for so long. Isn't he great?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your eye is feeling better. Shots in the eye sound icky to me. Sorry it was so much pain. Hopefully you're in the clear for the next little while. Bummer about Kyle being sick too. I do think you are a great mother, so I'm sure you'll survive without all the advice, but missing out on any adult conversation is sad. Good luck with Taylor's job search. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the mother of Taylor, and probably because he has none of my genes, I can honestly and unequivocally (how do you spell that?) say that, yes, Taylor is great. I've always thought so. He is a wonderful guy! AND . . . Jac, I'm so grateful that your eye has improved. I'm sorry you had to have those painful shots, but you endured it well. And that's what life is all about. You're proving that you can endure many things well. I send my love.

    ReplyDelete