Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Good News

Claire has crawled into our bed every night since Monday with a high fever. Dad gives her medicine, and I take her back to bed and sing to her for 30-45 minutes until the fever breaks. (You can guess which act of love she remembers most---the medicine.) Today I took her to the doctor and he was almost certain it was the flu. I could just imagine the next month at our house as we slowly passed it between all of us. He checked her ears last though, and she's got a bad infection in the right one. So some antibiotics ought to clear it up in a few days. Thank Goodness! I'll take anything that's not contagious! While we were waiting for her medicine we bought her some construction paper and new WASHABLE (lesson learned) watercolors and brushes. I got a big spontaneous hug when those went in the cart.

However the doctor also got a look at Kyle, and without even weighing him suggested that we cut back a little on the feeding! He's a big boy despite the fact that he spits up constantly. Hmmm, maybe I should just cut back on the cookie dough and that will lessen his caloric intake.

And the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by today. Jill and Sandy. I talk with them because I think that if Karma is real, maybe someone out there will talk to our missionaries. Today's "five minutes" was about the suffering that is in the world. They think that Satan is the ruler of this world. I don't know about that. Though I'm not blind to the fact that there is suffering in the world, I think there is a lot of happiness. One thing I know, if there are babies somewhere, there is also happiness---a lot of it. One quote I find myself saying over and over daily is from For the Strength of Youth: " You are a child of God with great strength. You have the ability to choose righteousness and happiness, no matter what your circumstances." Of course I didn't think of telling them that at the time. They'll be back. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment