Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


As Valentine's Day is the day for love, I've been thinking a lot about love. One of my favorite things to watch is the love developing between Claire and Kyle. I like that she has no reason to really like him---he stole a lot of the attention and time that used to be solely hers. If that were me, I'd be pretty mad, but she has this intense love for that little boy. Sure, she's not perfect, and she gets upset sometimes when I have to feed him or when others pay attention to him, but for the most part I'm amazed at how well she handles it. She LOVES him. And she tells him she loves him all the time. I really think that that is pure love. I think her love for him is a perfect example of Christlike love. She loves him simply because he is her brother. The best part about it is that I really think he feels the same way. He watches her so closely and smiles so big whenever he catches her eye. I just know that they'll be good friends forever.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie - so happy to see that you have joined the blog-o-sphere! Your children are so adorable. It's amazing HOW MUCH they teach us about love every day. So good to see what you've been up to. Miss you! - Brittany

    ReplyDelete