Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Victory is Mine!

Ha! After 14 months of planning and preparation I finally got up the nerve to tell the Jehovah's Witnesses that I do NOT want them to come back! Yeah! I've wanted to say this since the first time they came. Today was the day. "No, thank you" I said. "We are very happy with our religion. We're very Christian." I said.

They were disappointed. I stood firm. "I'm sure there are other people who need you more than I do." They've come more often than my own visiting teachers. I felt a little bad, but stuck to it.

Taylor was so proud he took me to Cafe Sabor for lunch.

Farewell, JW's, until we move again.

2 comments:

  1. That's Hilarious! My husband tried to bribe me to so that I'd refuse door to door sales people, but I don't see the JW very often. Thanks for the invite!
    -Sum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.

    They visit us a lot to. I try to be polite but...they just don't take no for an answer and come back to often.

    I think it is ok you told them not to come back. Then they can focus on someone else that maybe is receptive.

    ReplyDelete