Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good and Bad News...

Good news first: Kyle is walking! Kyle started some serious attempts at walking on Friday, and he hasn't stopped yet. Everywhere he goes he just walks a bit (4-5 steps), falls, then continues crawling. He's very excited. He also learned THREE words on Saturday almost doubling his vocabulary: balloon, kitty, and pat-pat-pat. Oddly, balloon was also one of Claire's very first words too.

Bad news: My brother Jake and I planned a surprise birthday party for my mom's 50th birthday. My grandpa read the invitation to her over the phone when he had a question about the party, only realizing it was a surprise the second time he read it to her. Oh well, she didn't know when it was going to be, so that part was still a surprise.

Good news: My brother Dan and his wife, Meg, surprised everyone by flying in from Minnesota for the party. It was the best surprise ever! We got to spend Saturday evening and most of Sunday with them.

Bad news: Three weeks ago we were at a store and someone side-swiped our Escape and fled the scene. It didn't do much damage, but now the doors squeak when you open them, and the rubber siding stuff sticks when you open the doors.

And yesterday Taylor came home from work and parked behind our Escape on the street. Apparently someone felt the need to hit it from behind and didn't let us know. The bumper is all scraped and the back door is smashed. Lovely. Come on people! If you hit something, own up to it! The worst part is that I am perfectly capable to inflict damage on my own vehicle and have managed to not injure this one in two years (which may be a record for me, although I did get a parking ticket the other day...)

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo sorry about your bad news.

    when I had my allergic reaction I hit a sign ALL THE WAY DOWN THE WHOLE SIDE of not the old car but the PILOT. I did $1000 damage. It is in being fixed as we speak. Luckily only $100 deductible. I am sorry about your cars. I can't believe someone could hit them both and not fess up. What is wrong with people!

    ReplyDelete