Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Pillows and other stuff

Taylor had Bishopric meeting last night. I was super productive during it (considering during the last month or two of meetings I sat in front of the TV with popcorn nursing my stupid rib). Last night I managed to make two pillows and exercise (I know you're surprised, right? I call this exercise).

Anyway, the pillows were fun, so I'll share them with you. I'm slowly amassing holiday decorations now that I have a garage to store them in and won't be moving annually. I saw this pillow and thought I'd do something similar. In her tutorial she used fabric paint. I don't have any of that, but I do have a lot of Wonder Under (something that essentially makes your fabric into a sticker), so I used that to make the silhouettes.

The pictures came from our engagement photos. You could probably guess that because Taylor had hair and I didn't have a double chin. They were super easy to make, and the best part was that I already had everything I needed, so they were free.

We've just made it through a bout of the stomach flu here. That rounded out about two months of constant sickness at our house. I got sick on December 18 and finally got over that cold (and "cold" puts it mildly) last week---only to be greeted by a week of daily migraine headaches. In the time that I had that cold I had the miscarriage, broken rib (caused by the constant coughing and sneezing), and other maladies of the female kind. Today I feel okay. So far. Claire's at school, although she's worried about how people will react to her giant purple lip (she fell off a chair and hit her mouth on the table and a tooth went entirely through her top lip). My house is a wreck (more of a wreck than usual), due to a weekend of doing nothing but holding sick children, and we haven't slept in days, but I have two nice new pillows.

Now that my rib is healing (I can sit up and roll over without groaning in pain) I'm beginning to attempt to live a healthy lifestyle (aka diet and exercise with the intent of losing weight). This is something that I've never really attempted in my life as all of my previous thin bodies have been induced by parasites, sickness and stress. So it will be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing. I want some. But I don't think I have any silhouette photos prior to double chin and hair loss. I love Dance Central. That's my exercise routine too. my favorite is "Poison" for some reason. I like to hold hand weights while I do it, makes me feel tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling crafty idea! Those pillows are so cute. Okay…you do NOT have a double chin!!

    So it sounds like the last few months have been less than desirable. Yikes girl! Feel better soon. So sorry to hear about your broken rib.

    ReplyDelete