Monday, April 26, 2010

Before my next 30 years...

I turn 29 on Friday. This is good. I have realized for quite a while that age is really only experience gained. I'm excited to have 30 years of experience. I'm looking at 30 as a milestone rather than a gravestone.Here I am yesterday. Claire took a picture of us after stake conference. Not too shabby!

I'm thinking I should have a list of things to do/accomplish/be before I hit that milestone. I set no new year's resolutions this year. And last year my only resolution was to remember to put on deodorant before I put on lotion after showering so that it wouldn't be so hard/impossible to take the lid off of the deodorant. This was seriously my only resolution. It was a tough year :) And I'm happy to report that I am now 85-87% successful at remembering that.

Anyhow, the list of things to do/accomplish/be before this time next year:

1. Paint my bedroom walls.

2. Improve upon my housemaking skills

3. Quilt, bind, and hang my wallhanging that I love so much

4. Establish a daily routine/schedule. This involves getting out of bed earlier.

5. Become pregnant (to have a baby before my next birthday I need to conceive by or on July 7, and that's not going to happen, thus the goal to become pregnant.)

6. Be more physically fit (while this is kind of messed up to put after goal #5, I think it's okay to list. I'm getting a bike for my birthday, so hopefully that can contribute)

7. Quit texting while driving (I think this should be a process, it's too hard to go cold turkey)

8. Begin writing seriously and consistently

9. Finish and print my wedding album

10. Teach piano lessons again, and devote some time weekly to enjoying my talent

11. Become a coupon-using grocery shopper

12. Recharge my love-affair with the scriptures

13. Index 1000 names each month

14. Sew a bag/purse for myself

15. Do a kind thing every day

16. Play with my kids more

17. Read to my kids more

18. Blog with pictures more (did you notice the picture at the top? I know...I'm pretty good at this list already!)

19. Appreciate the sunset more often

20. Get back to cooking from a monthly menu

21. Actively strengthen friendships

22. Talk to my sister more

23. Finish my quiet book project that began like three years ago (BRITTEN!)

24. Tell my husband I appreciate him more

25. Find one way to be more "green"

26. Potty train Kyle

27. Actually plan family night lessons instead of having impromptu lessons

28. Play the piano in church

29. Actually try some of the crafts/food/sewing projects I bookmark

30. Plan the party for next year---convince Lee (my cousin who was born 3 days before me) that we should repeat our 15th birthday party in some way with all our old friends

So that's it, friends. With luck I'll keep you updated (if there is no update, there is no progress, so don't ask!)

And you've still got until Friday to get my presents, so let's get shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome picture and post!
    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the list, but a good one. I know this sounds really bad, but I had no idea Lee was your cousin. How could I not know that. Maybe I knew, but just didn't remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Good luck with the list!
    PS-Why do you say July is impossible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling picture of you two!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AN AMAZING WOMAN!

    The list is great, and seeing that Potty Training Kyle made the list - gives me hope that maybe I'll have the same success with Gracie in my next 3 decades! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! And I HOPE 30 doesn't mark a gravestone considering I see the looming 40 in the not too long off distance!

    ReplyDelete