Saturday, April 18, 2009

The good and the bad

We just got back from a great weekend trip. My birthday's coming up (the 30th, hint, hint) and last night my mother-in-law took me out for an early celebration to the symphony. This (embarrassingly enough) was my first trip to the symphony that I can remember. And what a night! They played MY concerto---Rachmoninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto in c minor. The one I played at Miss America (okay, the last four pages of which I played at Miss America). It was fabulous. Better than I had hoped. I loved it. I love that song. Click on the above link and just listen to a bit. You'll love it too.

Oh, and more good news was that I happened to catch my friend Libby (hairdresser extreme) in a kind of free moment while she was doing my mom's hair, and I got some highlights to cover my ever-growing roots. And i have bangs now too. I'll have to post a picture soon. With sunglasses, of course).

And the bad new is that I saw my doctor on Friday. I was concerned because I have a random suture sticking up in the corner of my eye. I found out that it just so happens to be the MAIN stitch that they did the surgery for. It had come loose from where it was stuck to my tendon or whatever. Anyway, the whole surgery didn't work because of that one stitch. So two weeks from now, May 1st, I get to do the WHOLE stupid thing again. Awake. Lovely. And the fat filler didn't go as planned either, so he has some fun thing planned to fix that too.

And so go the days of our lives, huh? At least my life. It seems like everything happens the hard way. I'm willing to take suggestions on the lesson I should be learning from all of this. I think I've learned a lot, but I must be missing something big.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. You always have a positive outlook on life. You have a great family too. I hope this next time it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck. Sorry this has been not so fun.

    ReplyDelete