Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is this that funny?


I laugh to the point of tears every single time I see this card or think about it. Taylor's parents sent it to Claire for Halloween. It came with blank monsters and a bunch of stickers to decorate the monsters. I put Claire to work on it one day when I was trying to get things done. She worked a little on it, then held up one sticker to me, "Look, Mom. Poop!" Well, I was busy and didn't really pay attention. Later she repeated the excitement over another "poop" sticker.

After she used all the stickers she proudly brought the card over to me to view her final product. I was impressed with how well she got the eyes in the right places; she got the mouths in the rights places; one monster got hair in the first place, and another got horns and a nose. She even improvised with one mouth and made it a nose.

The best part though? Right under their tails was the "poop" stickers! (For those of you without toddlers who don't deal frequently in poop, I've added a couple arrows to show you where the stickers are.) Now, to the experienced eye these stickers would be scars, but to a three-year-old, definitely poop. I'm laughing now just looking at it. I get that smile that just won't quit to the point where my cheeks hurt when I see this. Am I crazy? Do you think this is funny too? I like that she thought it was poop. I like that she put it in the appropriate place.

Oh, and what's on the green guy's hands. I think it was supposed to be eyebrows, but she made it either a bracelet or icky knuckle hair. You choose.

Anyway, I've laughed a lot over it, and finally remembered to scan it to share with all of you. I'm considering sending a scan to the card maker. They'd probably like to know that they made poop stickers.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, it works now! So I can tell you this cracked me up . . . so funny! Of course, I currently have a two year old who likes to loudly announce she's "busy fartin' on the potty!" when I'm in the other room and she's left unattended in the bathroom, so potty humor is kinda our thing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hillarious. That is cute that Claire is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think that all of the potty talk started with Uncle Jakes "Everybody poops" book over a year ago. How many times did we read that??????????????? Hundreds???? Thousands???? Soon it will be Kyle too!

    ReplyDelete