Wednesday, October 29, 2008
They were disappointed. I stood firm. "I'm sure there are other people who need you more than I do." They've come more often than my own visiting teachers. I felt a little bad, but stuck to it.
Taylor was so proud he took me to Cafe Sabor for lunch.
Farewell, JW's, until we move again.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Bad news: My brother Jake and I planned a surprise birthday party for my mom's 50th birthday. My grandpa read the invitation to her over the phone when he had a question about the party, only realizing it was a surprise the second time he read it to her. Oh well, she didn't know when it was going to be, so that part was still a surprise.
Good news: My brother Dan and his wife, Meg, surprised everyone by flying in from Minnesota for the party. It was the best surprise ever! We got to spend Saturday evening and most of Sunday with them.
Bad news: Three weeks ago we were at a store and someone side-swiped our Escape and fled the scene. It didn't do much damage, but now the doors squeak when you open them, and the rubber siding stuff sticks when you open the doors.
And yesterday Taylor came home from work and parked behind our Escape on the street. Apparently someone felt the need to hit it from behind and didn't let us know. The bumper is all scraped and the back door is smashed. Lovely. Come on people! If you hit something, own up to it! The worst part is that I am perfectly capable to inflict damage on my own vehicle and have managed to not injure this one in two years (which may be a record for me, although I did get a parking ticket the other day...)
Monday, October 6, 2008
I found this on my friend, Shannon's, blog and I thought it was fun to do.
Here's the deal... you answer the following 12 questions about yourself (my answers are in parentheses after each question):
1. What is your first name? (Jackie)
2. What is your favorite food? (BBQ)
3. What high school did you attend? (Lehi)
4. What is your favorite color? (green)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? (Dean Cain---I actually had that exact pin-up on my wall in high school)
6. Favorite drink? (Diet Coke with Lime---there, I've said it openly. I need it.)
7. Dream Vacation? (Mexican Resort)
8. Favorite dessert? (plain cheesecake)
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? (president)
10. What do you love most in life? (families are forever)
11. One word to describe you? (trying)
12. Your Flickr name? (jacherrin)**My Flickr name didn't give any results, so I used my last name.
Wanna play?: Type your answer to each of the above questions into Flickr's search. Using only the images that appear on the first page, choose your favorite and copy and paste each of the URL’s into the Mosaic Maker (3 columns, 4 rows)... Enjoy!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
And just an hour ago while we were watching conference he was playing with Taylor's cell phone. I thought I heard someone answer the phone. Who did he call. 911 of course. Of all numbers to call our 11-month-old called 911. Claire hasn't managed to accomplish this in 3+ years of living.
I hung up as I grabbed the phone, so of course they called right back and we had to explain the situation.
He's a boy. We love him. Enough said.