I turn 29 on Friday. This is good. I have realized for quite a while that age is really only experience gained. I'm excited to have 30 years of experience. I'm looking at 30 as a milestone rather than a gravestone.Here I am yesterday. Claire took a picture of us after stake conference. Not too shabby!I'm thinking I should have a list of things to do/accomplish/be before I hit that milestone. I set no new year's resolutions this year. And last year my only resolution was to remember to put on deodorant before I put on lotion after showering so that it wouldn't be so hard/impossible to take the lid off of the deodorant. This was seriously my only resolution. It was a tough year :) And I'm happy to report that I am now 85-87% successful at remembering that.
Anyhow, the list of things to do/accomplish/be before this time next year:
1. Paint my bedroom walls.
2. Improve upon my housemaking skills
3. Quilt, bind, and hang my wallhanging that I love so much
4. Establish a daily routine/schedule. This involves getting out of bed earlier.
5. Become pregnant (to have a baby before my next birthday I need to conceive by or on July 7, and that's not going to happen, thus the goal to become pregnant.)
6. Be more physically fit (while this is kind of messed up to put after goal #5, I think it's okay to list. I'm getting a bike for my birthday, so hopefully that can contribute)
7. Quit texting while driving (I think this should be a process, it's too hard to go cold turkey)
8. Begin writing seriously and consistently
9. Finish and print my wedding album
10. Teach piano lessons again, and devote some time weekly to enjoying my talent
11. Become a coupon-using grocery shopper
12. Recharge my love-affair with the scriptures
13. Index 1000 names each month
14. Sew a bag/purse for myself
15. Do a kind thing every day
16. Play with my kids more
17. Read to my kids more
18. Blog with pictures more (did you notice the picture at the top? I know...I'm pretty good at this list already!)
19. Appreciate the sunset more often
20. Get back to cooking from a monthly menu
21. Actively strengthen friendships
22. Talk to my sister more
23. Finish my quiet book project that began like three years ago (BRITTEN!)
24. Tell my husband I appreciate him more
25. Find one way to be more "green"
26. Potty train Kyle
27. Actually plan family night lessons instead of having impromptu lessons
28. Play the piano in church
29. Actually try some of the crafts/food/sewing projects I bookmark
30. Plan the party for next year---convince Lee (my cousin who was born 3 days before me) that we should repeat our 15th birthday party in some way with all our old friends
So that's it, friends. With luck I'll keep you updated (if there is no update, there is no progress, so don't ask!)
And you've still got until Friday to get my presents, so let's get shopping!