Monday, March 29, 2010

Our friend Horse (His wife calls him Justin) has been hard at work in our backyard two days this weeks. He's doing the kind of labor that is paid with free food and the satisfaction of a hard day's work. Taylor worked too. He got a back rub. And he paid for the food.

Here is the backyard after Horse pushed all the dirt back with his fancy machine. Our backyard is about 1.5 feet down from our neighbors (way to plan it, builders) so we had a slight hill to deal with. We decided on a rock retaining wall. We got the rocks from a place where someone forgot to put up a no trespassing sign in North Ogden.

Here it is as it is now. I'm going to put a garden and other growing things in the area behind the wall. I've got about 8 feet to work with. I'm excited.
And when I uploaded the pictures I found this beauty. Apparently Claire took her own picture. Apparently she had eaten cinnamon or some other strange thing she's allergic to. And yes I just ended that sentence with a preposition. Is that something you have a problem with? Here's the picture I wrote about:

1 comment:

  1. Way to go with all that scrapping! Isn't it nice to just be done? Hope things are good in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete