Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mother I love you...

Conversation I had with Claire yesterday:

Me: "Claire, Mom is going to have surgery in a few days. I will have a hurt little eye, so I may not be around for a few days. Will you be okay without me?"

Claire: "Oh yes! I would love it."

Me (hurt a little): "Oh. Well, I will miss you."

Claire: "Well, I won't miss you!"

I'm hoping she was trying to make me feel better. But I think it was a little too much honesty. Aren't moms special?

This goes hand-in-hand with how when Taylor gets home he gets happy dances and shouts of jubilation. I get the silent treatment or yelled at.

I'd just like to publicly apologize to my mother for all of the mistreatment she's surely experienced from me. Sorry Mom.

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I'm sure Claire really loves you. Kids are lame that way though. It's completely the opposite in our house. If Ian even looks at Davin like he's going to come pick him up, Davin will crawl to me and whimper. Mama's boys. I'm sending good thoughts your way for the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie's like Davin . . . poor Greg, she freaks out if he tries to take her from me! Annie's bi-polar though, loving and preferring one of us one day, while shunning the other! Fickle little creatures, aren't they!?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Alyssa. She spent the night at my Mom's house and when she came home the next night when I was putting her to bed just out of the blue she said " Mom, I have to be honest I didn't miss you." Oh well thanks I love you to. So anyway I was telling Roy about it later and he started laughing and said that day when he was bringing her home he asked if she missed us and she said " No" and he told her to lie and tell me she missed me, hence the "I have to be honest..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure she will miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete