Monday, June 2, 2008

Funny Claire

Last night just before bed Claire turned to Taylor and said, "So, where are you going tomorrow, Dad?" He replied that in the morning he'd go to the gym, then to class and be home a little after 11. Then he'd go to the family institute from about 2:30 to 7:30. Her reply, "Um, so what time are you going to the gym?" First of all, how did she even notice that he didn't give a time for that? And secondly, can she really have a concept of time at all? Sure, she can accurately count to 13, but she can't always accurately count objects, so I don't think she really understands numbers. Yet she has an obsession with time. She's always asking what time it is and what at what time she will be doing her regular activities. Maybe she needs a watch.

Also, Taylor's story about Claire's foot getting stuck in the shopping cart (see his previous post) reminded me about another incident. Last January Taylor was set apart to be a teacher in the Elder's Quorum. Kyle was all of a few weeks old, so I was holding him. Claire sneaked off and started playing with a chair---the plastic stacking kind found in most churches. I thought she'd be fine, so I kind of closed my eyes for the setting apart. Suddenly I hear, "Help! Help!" and I opened my eyes to see Claire stuck in the chair with her head and one arm through the hole in the back. She was backing up as crazily as a cat with a lampshade stuck on its head. I panicked a little about what to do with Kyle, ended up setting him on the ground and went to help Claire untangle herself---it was not easy. All the while there is a poor man trying to perform the blessing and everyone was trying not to look. It ended quickly, we're not sure what was even said, and everyone had a good laugh once I explained the situation. She's a little nutty, and that's all there is to it.

1 comment:

  1. Claire is such a smarty pants. I loved the chair story. Those things always happen during prayers.

    ReplyDelete