Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lost

After a wonderful Easter dinner we set out on our long trip home from Salt Lake. I drove while Taylor did homework. I started to get tired just as he finished so I chose the next exit, we pulled into a gas station and traded. Claire determined this was "Because Mom a bad driver."

Much to our dismay when we went to get on the freeway again we found that there was not an entrance on this specific road. We were in Ogden, and I have long believed that that city just isn't set out correctly. We soon found ourselves extremely lost. The farther we went the darker it got and the more spread out the houses were. We saw no open stores or stations. It was so dark that we couldn't see mountains or any landmarks that would give us an idea as to the direction we were going. After about a half hour we ended up calling my dad who was on the way home from St. George. He just got a couple fancy new GPS units. He pulled over and with a little luck was able to determine that we were in Plain City (and practically swimming in the Great Salt Lake and/or Willard Bay at times). It took us 25 minutes of intense descriptions on both of our parts for us to find our way back to I15. All the while Claire was complaining that it was too dark. "Dad! I can't see my toe jam!" seemed to be her biggest complaint.

We made it back safely and only about 45 minutes behind schedule, but it was quite the experience. Claire learned a great lesson about keeping the Sabbath Day holy too. She was very thirsty and we had plenty of opportunities to explain to her that it was Jesus' day and it makes Him happy when we don't buy things on His day. She seemed okay about being thirsty when she understood it.

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad Claire couldn't see her toe jam.

    I would love to see pics of her on easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire says the funniest things! I always look forward to reading your blog to see what hilarious, adorable, or random things she might say. And what great parents - teaching her about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy!

    ReplyDelete