Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oops

Today I was watching my friend Taya's two kids. When they got here all of the kids started making a blanket fort. I taught them to use duct tape instead of masking tape for a better hold. Apparently the duct tape was not a sufficient hold for my ten pound cat, because he jumped on it, and much their dismay (and Harvey's utter surprise) it caved in. Three kids went on their merry way. Claire was devastated. I tried to fix it. It didn't help her. I gave them Popsicles. Kyle and the two guests went outside. Claire stayed inside and yelled at me that her popsicle was "too cold." Huh? I bet she's had 500 popsicles in her life. She had to know to expect that one. Her little friend Kayla was darling and kept trying to console her, but she carried on being mad at everything.

At this point I sent a text to Taylor. "I'm watching Taya's kids. Claire's being a peach. I'm really angry about it." He's going to have them for the evening, so I wanted him to be aware of what he was getting into (read between the lines: you may have to walk on eggshells with Claire at bedtime). Two minutes later my friend Taya replied to the text, mentioning that I probably meant for that text to go to someone else. Oops. Taylor and Taya are so alphabetically close! Kind of embarrassing---mostly funny---and I am so glad I wasn't complaining about one of her kids---that would have been so awkward. (Her kids were angels, by the way.)

I'm a repeat offender when it comes to sending texts to the wrong person. Do you do this? What's the worse thing that's happened to you?

3 comments:

  1. Email. I OFTEN send the wrong email. No texts, yet...until now, of course, since it will be on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So to comment first on the texts, I've recently had issues in the "BM" department since I became pregnant and my husband and I have been very open about it. So....I sent my "husband" some specifics on how my "BM" went that day and accidentally sent it to my friend/coworker...luckily she sits next to me so when I realized who I had sent it to, I hurried and explained the text to her. Luckily she and I are very open about "bathroom" issues...but still embarrasing!

    I have to comment on email mistakes too. Previously at one of my old jobs, I got this email from a coworker that had specifics about this "affair" that supposedly was going on between me and her husband and how much her husband told her about this "affair" yadda, yadda, yadda. My heart was racing so I couldn't get past 2 lines because I was freaking out! Side note: My husband, myself, her husband and her all work at the same office. My husband is also her boss...so I panicked and luckily another coworker sitting next to me saw my reaction and asked what was going on....she read the email and a little further down than I had gotten she read the name "Laurie"...not "Libby". This woman was so upset that her husband had an affair with her best friend (who also worked with the 4 of us) that she forgot to check exactly which "L" name she sent it to. Terrible...I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not even want to know the details of my awkward text flubs. It's happened more than once, and it was really really bad. Like not good, not even funny to this day.
    I hate texting.

    ReplyDelete