Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crappy day

You know how things kind of pile up? Today was that day for us. It started with an email that Taylor’s grandpa was in the ER overnight and admitted to the hospital and very sick. Kyle and I drove to Clearfield to drop Claire off at preschool, but we didn’t go home because Harvey was finally getting fixed and needed to be picked up in two hours, and if we drove home we’d just leave in a half hour again. So we hit some stores and returned stuff not needed from Black Friday. KMart overcharged me for a couple items and refused to make good on it, so that wasn’t good and I’m out ten bucks.

When we went to pick up Harvey we got bad news. (You’ll remember that getting him fixed has been a process. First Taylor stood in line forever only to be the first one turned down from the Big Fix. The next time the fix came around he got there bright and early and checked in. Only I got a call later that day saying that they couldn’t fix him because he had an undescended testicle.) Well this little testicle caused quite the problem apparently. It was so far retained that the vet made three separate 2-3 inch incisions up his stomach to retrieve it. I guess she just kept thinking that it would be in a certain place and kept guessing wrong. (Plus, he had one removed the normal way.) She finally got it, and it was tangled up in muscle or whatever. His whole bottom side  is shaved. He has stitches and staples inside and out. They have to be removed after Christmas. Oh, and it cost $40 more because of this problem.

Then Taylor called to say his car broke down and was parked on the side of the rode on Riverdale. Not the best place or thing to happen.

Then we got home, got Harvey settled and I got and IBS attack. I haven’t had it in months. I haven’t missed it. I’m totally bummed because they come in groups too.

So I went upstairs. While I was otherwise occupied my children got a hold of my new camera. Sticky fingers all over it. And the lens part won’t open.

And Kyle got into my only tube of mascara and applied it TO HIS LIPS and inside his mouth. Thus making the tube unusable by my standards (I only have one eye, gotta be careful). I wanted to take a picture of it, and that was how I found out that the camera was broken.

Bedtime is in 50 minutes. Can’t wait.

Tomorrow is another, hopefully better, day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a lame day. I hate it when everything just seems to go wrong. It's like if just one of those things had gone wrong it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but when it's one thing after another it just makes for a really annoying day. I hope the kids went to bed well for you and the weekend has been better!
    PS-Your Christmas "card" is really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on throwing out the mascara! :) Sorry it was a day to forget. Hope things look up.

    ReplyDelete