Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is it stealing?

I've found a neighbor with unprotected internet. Is that stealing? I honestly don't know if this is wrong to do, but I'm using their signal. We are still working on getting the internet. We're having a hard time choosing which service we want. We've settled on quest, but we're still looking for some part or other. I'm not sure.

Anywho, things are going well. We're mostly unpacked. Our office area is still in boxes, but I think it will be that way for a while. I'm not ready to post pictures yet though. Maybe I'll do it as soon as I re-upholster the couch. I'm getting the itch to do that soon. I need to find a staple gun first though.

We really like our house. It fits us perfectly. Our life seems to fit it well. The kids love the toy room. I love the room in general. Our house is 1900 square feet but feel like 22 or 23oo. The best news is that our master shower is finally sealed and settled and ready for the first shower, which will be in about 4 minutes. It could have been ready sooner, but we've let it take time for everything to settle and be really, really waterproof. That and we don't have blinds in that bathroom. I finally just put some brown paper in the window. Real classy, I know. I just haven't found the fabric I want. And fabric won't happen until I find THE paint.

Kyle's had a rough week with napping and not napping and climbing out of his crib. After 8 days of fighting him I threw a mattress on the floor. He tried it one night. Then he decided his crib is really fine and hasn't climbed out since. Weird boy.

Claire had her first upset stomach this week. She's asked me to keep the details private, but it was a sad day. She reports however that she is amazed that I continue to love her after how "disgusting" the day was. And that makes me love her more.

I'm good. I have room to sew, and that keeps me sane more than I remembered. I also have scrapbooked a lot since we are without our own internet connection. I've done 40+ pages of our wedding album (7 years and no scrapbook album!). I'll post those with our own connection soon.

Well, the shower is calling me. I have an appointment to get work on my prosthetic tomorrow. Prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. We have a staple gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been keeping busy! Also, Ian and I agree that you are not stealing internet. Especially because you have good intentions of getting your own soon. If people don't put a password on their wireless connection then they are choosing to share it. :)

    I sure miss you, but I'm glad that you are loving your new house! Will you guys be able to come down for Weston's party? I hope so.

    Anyway, good luck with your doctor's appointment! You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete