Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grateful

No we haven't moved. I don't want to talk about it...

I've been indexing the 1910 census today. It has a place where the women list how many living and how many dead children they have. On just one page I have the numbers are 7 living and 4 dead, 6 and 4, 12 and 8; and most astounding, one woman had 14 living and 11 dead.

And while I've had two documented miscarriages, I'm assuming that those aren't what is counted in this census. I can't imagine losing a child. A baby or any age child. Let alone multiple children. I'm so grateful for modern medicine and that both of my children were delivered healthy and remain quite healthy. They are truly my greatest blessing.

Last night Taylor spent the night in Logan, so Claire slept in my bed with me. It was a rather cold night, so she just snuggled up to me all night. I loved it. We are so blessed. Even if we haven't moved. Cross your fingers (and pray) for this Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I had to take a break from my prayers to read your blog. I believe in miracles. My prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also grateful to live in this day and age. We are really so blessed. How fun that you got to have a snuggly Claire with you last night. I am definitely praying for you to move soon!!! Keep me posted and let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats snuggling with those sweet little ones! You do have two little angels living with you. Good luck with this Saturday - I truly hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. I just can't even imagine...

    **fingers crossed** want our underwriter?

    ReplyDelete