Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Hobby

On Sunday my brother Jake introduced me to helping to index the US Census. Since it's hard for mothers to leave the home to do service (for people other than our immediate family), this is the perfect answer for me. I love to feel like I'm of service to others, and I can do this in my spare time. You just look at scanned forms and transfer the data into easy to use forms. The data will be used for people doing their family history, and make it more accessible for temple work to be done eventually. It's easy to stop and start when a kid wakes up or needs you or whatever. Check it out and see if it works for you:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/indexing/frameset_indexing.asp

I've done over 300 names already. I have a goal of doing 100 a day. I like knowing that I'm helping in some small way to further the work.


In other news our house is coming along well. We'll take more pictures tomorrow in our walk-through. After the walk-through they start the drywall. We are a little panicked because we are laying all of the tile and flooring on the bottom floor and we just found out that we have to do it between the 15th and 19th of this month. A lot sooner than we imagined. We're not really ready, but I guess we have to be. If you or anyone you know wants to volunteer to help lay tile or laminate, just let us know! (Please)

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea to lend a hand! I would have never thought of that. Thanks for including the website.

    I'm so excited for you and your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to check out that familysearch opportunity! Thanks for the tip. Also, I know I told you I could watch the kids while you do flooring, but I don't think I said what day. Friday would be best for me. Do you need someone that day still? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool. I am excited to see your house.

    ReplyDelete