Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kudos to Taylor

Taylor did two outstanding things today. First: I took Claire to the doctor (just regular stuff), and when I got back he had cleaned out the coat closet. Really. I didn't even ask or hint. The thing is that we keep all of our coats there, and we've hidden our DVD/VHS shelf in the back of it, so it entailed quite a bit of effort. Yeah Taylor!

Second: I love Jim Brickman. He played in Salt Lake on our wedding day. I still believe that I could have made it to his concert (a matinee) in between our luncheon and reception. It would have been close, but I think it would have worked. No one else thought it would, and I didn't go. SIX years later I was presented with tickets to his concert in little old Logan today. Yes world, Jim came to Logan (he seemed just as suprised as we were). And at about one-quarter the cost you all pay to see him in the big city! Taylor just bought the tickets on his own initiative without even checking with me. (A very brave thing to do.)

The concert was amazing. The piano playing was incredible, but the violinist, Tracy Silverman, really stole the show. I have never heard anything quite like him. He played an electric violin, and it was the coolest (for lack of a better word). If you get a chance to see the show, take it. It was way better than Kurt Bestor. If you don't see Jim, go see Jon Schmidt---he's every bit as great as Jim---and still better than Kurt (I liked the Kurt Bestor concert the first time when I went 15 years ago, but it's got a little to much about the show, and not enough about the music).

Anyway, good job Taylor! And as I type this he's putting both kids to bed. Isn't he great?

3 comments:

  1. Man, you've got a super-husband. Lucky. That is so sweet that he surprised you with tickets to the concert. I would LOVE to see him too, but ticket prices are a little low on the priority list right now, you know? Anyway, yahoo for having an awesome hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! It's amazing how calm life can be when a husband does those sweet things! You two are a great pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice husband. I would LOVE to see Jim Brickman.

    Sorry I missed you last week. We didn't get home until Sunday. We don't have anyone here that does malpractice claims.

    ReplyDelete